Are you a Content Spammer? Frequent Poster? Brand? Social Influencer? Facebook User?
Everyone on Facebook is going to be effected by the Facebook Algorithm changes, with a focus on audience control and “interesting posts” the new changes are set to shake up all Facebook posts and News-Feeds.
4 Points of Focus.
1. Friends and Family Come First
Friends comments, likes and posts will appear top of feed, similarly their “shared” posts will also be driven to the top of audiences News Feeds.
2. Audience Need to Feel Informed.
Content will be required to have a stronger sentiment and should be focused on evoking emotions rather than funneling audiences to “buy” or view your website links.
3. Be Entertaining
Audiences are on Facebook to be entertained as much as they are there to connect with friends, similarly to informing audiences your content must entertain their interests otherwise they won’t want to connect or share with what you publish.
4. Audiences Control The Feed
“Unfollow”, “Hide” and “See first” are both exciting and scary factors which will change the way in which content is displayed and shown on audiences News Feeds.
Why the focus on audience choice is Exciting and Scary all at once.
– Audiences who want to connect with your brand will now be able to label your content as “see first” and also do this with their friends making viral content or connective posts much more valuable in order to gain both followers and build audience members.
– One mistake can lead audience members to “hide” or “unfollow” all of your posts. Did we mention ALL OF YOUR POSTS? Offending can lead to the death of audience members, poorly timed or misunderstood posts/jokes are now also garnering the ability to strike down audience numbers.
– Bad content is more likely to go viral and audience shares have a larger impact then ever before.
TLDR; Facebook Users and Brands need to focus on “Share-ability”, due to algorithmic changes posts that will be the highest ranked and will spend the most time on the News Feed will be ones that audiences “want”, this means targeting similar “likes” “shares” and “comments” will be integral to the virality content. This also means that tragedies, large events and impactful news stories will yield the largest benefit in terms of News-Feed cut through for Facebook strategy.